Tuesday, April 16, 2013

On my way, more or less

Sunday was my last hurrah in Miami, when I got to march in the Gay Pride Parade in Miami Beach. A group of people from my church, along with some members of PFLAG, marched. A few of us went with an Americana theme, so I went as Rosie the Riveter. I'm not really quite built like the Rosie shown on the poster, so I relied on making the fist and yelling "We can do it" to reinforce my costume.

Then I went home and packed and packed and packed. I leave today for a week-long trip to visit my family, and when I get back, my husband will have taken all those boxes I packed and have crammed them into shipping pods which will take themed Maryland. This is the second time that I've managed to not actually be present for my own move, and I think I'll owe Andrew big for this one.

4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Love the photo - a good one for your next family newsletter/photo - next Christmas.

de-I said...

I'm sure your father can teach you how to actually do riveting.

Most of we guys take a while to catch on. You're probably good for two more moves before Andrew says, "Hey, I think this has happened before!"

alexis said...

oh dear, poor Andrew! Though packing is half the work so I daresay you did a good share of the labor despite not being there yourself. How very exciting, can't wait to hear of your adventures back in DC! Super happy for you all.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.