Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Weekend adventures

I'm in the middle of a lot of travel right now - last week it was Virginia and this week it's two separate trips to Ohio. I might have to depend on photos as blog fill for a while until I'm settled back home in a few weeks.

I wanted an excuse to make even more donuts, so I invited some friends over for brunch. Not pictured here: a friend who managed to eat four donuts, along with the eggs, fruit salad, focaccia, pickles, and spring vegetable medley comprising the rest of the meal. It's nice to cook for people who enjoy eating.

My friend N and I are engaged in a big woodworking project. In general we can only meet about once a month, so it may be June before we're done. The project will deserve its own post when done, but in the meantime, we're having a lot of fun. N is trying his best to teach me to measure twice (or three or four times) and cut once. It doesn't come naturally to me, because I'm a bit slapdash in my projects, but I'm learning. I motivated by both the desire for furniture and the high cost of wood - a single incorrect cut might cost me $20.

3 comments:

de-I said...

I'm still waiting for your doughnut web site so I can order some which I'm presuming will be marketed via Amazon so Prime members can get free shipping.

alexis said...

I'm so impressed with your increased handiness and craftiness.

Gill - UK said...

Slapdash is too strong a word - what about keen to get a project underway?