Monday, June 16, 2014

Shopping, the frugal way

     My father and I both love garage saleing. Whenever we pass a sign announcing a sale, we urge whoever is driving to turn around and head back, because, "You never know what deals you'll find." It's a bit funny that we share this love, because my father is a bit of a pack rat, and I'm the kind of person that purges the closets every few months. 
     I decided to make a quick trip to Ohio this weekend, and it just so happened that there was a community-wide garage sale happening nearby. the two of woke up early and spend seven hours searching for treasures, tooling around in the 1966 Rambler American. Here are the results:

I spent $10.75 for a dozen wine glasses, two dozen canning jars, a cushioned bike seat, four cover for the dog's bed, a new dog leash, a camping chair, candles, and protective glasses for woodworking.
(My dad bought everything else in the picture.)
     While I was there, my parents attended a party, which gave me a chance to snap a picture of them. They'll be married for 45 years this December. A good looking couple, don't you think?

5 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Lovely picture of your mum and dad.
My idea of a good day out would be spending time browsing for bargains at a community wide garage sale.

de-I said...

Absolutely.

I need to read your Mom's blog. I thought they just went through a whole process of trying to get rid of things?

alexis said...

OMFG, they both look fabulous! I loooove me a garage sale, but alas they are outlawed here with the famous exception of Kings day.

Pulisha said...

Very good looking! Wish we could be at the family reunion next week to see them in person (and you!).

Denise Annemarie said...

The photo of your parents made me smile. . . they really are a beautiful couple!!