Tuesday, August 04, 2015

This and that

     I'm sitting by next to my phone, while it opens apps and changes settings, seemingly possessed. Luckily, this is because I gave a technician remote access to my new phone. Unluckily, since I got the phone three weeks ago, every phone call I make has been plagued by "What was that? I couldn't hear the last sentence." While I can access email and text and take pictures, above all, I'd really like to use my phone to, you know, make phone calls.
     This is the latest in a long series of troubleshooting efforts. I really like the phone service I use, so I am hoping to stick with them, but my commitment hinges on whether I have a working phone in the next week.
------------------------
     At the conference last week, several friends suggested that my blog was no longer appropriately titled. My impression is that they don't think there's sufficient "style" any more. I suggested "Frugality with Renee Michelle" but was informed that it was not a catchy title. If any readers have better suggestions, let me know.
-----------------------
     I bought about 20 pounds of peaches at the farmer's market last week, for the crazy cheap price of $12. With this purchase, I consider my fruit storage done for the summer. This winter I'll be able to enjoy: 20 pounds of strawberries, 20 pounds of peaches, and 3 gallons of blueberries (picked and frozen by my wonderful mother). I haven't yet made any jam, but I was thinking about branching out into orange marmalade and apple butter this fall.

6 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Hey - you could have gotten those peaches from us for free! Just a slight problem with getting them from NM to you!

alexis said...

Gloria - lol.

How about Shoestring Solutions with Renee Michelle?

de-I said...

Great blog title suggestion Alexis!

Either that or: "What! You're Actually Going to Pay for That? with Renee Michelle

Gill - UK said...

What about Practical Frugality the Renee Michelle Way?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I think de-I's suggestions might win. That exact thought crosses my mind with alarming regularity.

Denise Annemarie said...

HaHa I think that all the time as I see people shopping at my grocery store without using any coupons ("What! You're Actually Going to Pay For That") for items they could have gotten for free!