Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pet sitters

While I toil away at the conference, a neighbor has been helping out by doing some pet care in the evenings. I appreciate that, but I really appreciate the photos that sometimes show up in my inbox while I'm at work. I think the animals would prefer that I go away more often, if they're going to get luxurious treatment like this.

This is what Phi looks like after she's been petted into submission. She's fallen into a happy, drunken stupor on the table.
Ada got to take a trip to the doggy park and run around on the doggy jungle gym.

Alas, my good friends (and neighbors) C and S are moving to Ohio this weekend. I'll miss them as both friends and pet sitters. This means I need to start the search again for pet-friendly friends. It would be awesome to find someone who has a dog who would trade dog care, but it's surprisingly rare to find people who want to do that, and I haven't figured out why.

5 comments:

Carissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carissa said...

We've enjoyed sitting the pets and we'll miss both them and you!

Gill - UK said...

Perhaps your new neighbours will fit the bill - fingers crossed.

alexis said...

I guess... people reluctant to take on the extra duties? It's not much is it, to pet sit?

de_I said...

I want to be Phi!