Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July vacation, part 3


Vacation at the Styling with Renee Michelle house are wild and crazy. Along with ice cream parties and lots of dog walks, the oddly shaped carrots from the garden were turned into creations. After B made this, he wasn't hungry for the carrot, so I washed it off and ate it. If I'm the person who planted, weeded, and harvested the vegetable, I find that I really can't bear to have the vegetable wasted.

I have always wanted to try a Sazerac, but when I was in New Orleans, I only had time for one cocktail (it was a work trip, after all), and I opted for a Ramos Gin Fizz. So you can only imagine my excitement when we attended a party hosted by S's cousin, and a tray full of Sazeracs appeared. It was delicious, and now I must get my hands on some absinthe so I can make my own.

After the visit to the beach, I feel like I should write a little love note to the ocean. I grew up in the middle of the country, and all our swimming was done in lakes. When I lived in Maryland last time, Andrew and I took frequent day trips to the beach, but I really came to appreciate the ocean in Miami. I don't go much now, because it's a three-hour drive each way, which is just too far for a single driver.

5 comments:

Carissa said...

What a fun time you all had!

alexis said...

OMG, I cannot WAIT to blow some hipster bartenders mind by ordering a Sazerac. Looks very good, I can't wait to try it. And may I say you're looking very fine in your bathing suit, hot science lady?

Gill - UK said...

What variety you pack into holidaying your nephew and niece.
Have you had some new spectacles (to distinguish from drinking glasses)?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Gill, those aren't new spectacles/glasses, although you may not have seen the sunglasses before.

de-I said...

Is that SRM's new nomme de plume "Hot Science Lady"?

Find that bartender Alexis and we'll have one in Amsterdam when we visit.