Thursday, July 28, 2016

Vacation

I extended my work trip in California so that I could spend some time with my brother and his family. It's been like a foreign exchange trip, where the country is the Land with Kids. I've attended swim meets, gone on trips to the candy store, and played at playgrounds. I have learned about Pokémon Go, but thankfully haven't had to learn much about the preteen pop artists my niece favors.

Since I'm an introvert, though, I also appreciate the quiet times a vacation provides. Every morning I sit out with my coffee in their front yard, which is dominated by a giant redwood whose branches form a canopy over the entire yard. It's a lovely way to start the day.

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

A giant redwood in the front yard - that must be young unless they have an enormous yard.

alexis said...

I forgot about that big, beautiful tree! Did you also enjoy the weather?

Having kids is indeed totally another world.

Bernice said...

I love that tree too.