Thursday, September 01, 2016

Nerdom

Next Thursday is the 50th anniversary of the first episode of Star Trek airing on TV. I will celebrate by watching said episode on an IMAX screen at the Smithsonian Air and Space  museum. I also found this book at the library yesterday. It's a little amazing to me that someone wrote an 800 page book on the oral history of Star Trek and even more amazing that my working class neighborhood library bought a copy. Either the library purchasing department bought this book just for me or there is a whole subgroup of nerds hiding in my city that I don't know about.

3 comments:

alexis said...

HAHAHAHAH

I choose to believe the former. But I'd be delighted if the latter were true too. I can't believe it's been 50 years.

de-I said...

I think it was the former who then went to the library and indicated they should purchase because of the latter.

Gill - UK said...

You might like to listen to 'Star Trek - The Undiscovered Future', a BBC Radio 4 programme first aired on the 3rd September and available on i-player. It appealed to me.