Monday, October 17, 2016

Old-fashioned laundry

The highlight of my weekend.
     I am just nerdy enough that the best part of my weekend was hanging out my clothes on my new clothesline. During the last project day, whenever folks were worrying about heatstroke, I sent them down to the basement to work on the secondary project - building clothesline posts. 
     Since I moved in, I've been hanging my wet laundry on a rack, and spreading sheets out on the grass. I really love air-dried laundry: it's cheaper, it's old-fashioned, and it makes the laundry smell nicer. But I just didn't have the time to install proper clotheslines until this fall. My friend N and his boys came over a week ago to help me concrete them into the ground, and now I have 120' (that's 37 meters for my metric friends) of plastic-coated lines to hold all my wet laundry. I'm so pleased.

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Well done Renee Michelle. Your next project might be to make props to raise the washing lines higher and help speed the drying process

alexis said...

I guess I always took hanging things up for granted, but I bet fresh air makes them smell a lot better!

de-I said...

I have to say that when we are traveling most of the time we need to hang up clothes to dry but we always feel like they are never quite dry. Maybe it is because we are so used to the super drying of the mechanical method.