Monday, November 13, 2017

Racing

     One of the highlights of my trip was watching my brother and niece run obstacle races. This was a new experience for me. We drove 90 minutes outside of San Francisco to a ranch where they raise cattle and occasionally host thousands of people at outdoor events. They set up a bunch of obstacles, like barriers to scale, tractor tires to pry up and heave over, sandbags to trundle long distances, and rows of fiery, burning logs to hurdle. Luckily, the kids' race omitted the fire, although it added spears.

     As a committed non-exerciser, this all seemed a bit crazy to me. I can't imagine voluntarily participating in such activities, much less paying a hefty admission fee to do so. Luckily, my job was to be the proud aunt/sister, take pictures, and drink the free beer that my non-imbibing brother didn't want. 

5 comments:

de-I said...

Ahem, if your job was to take pictures, this seems to be a rather sad number of pictures to be posting Ms. Blogger

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Tho it is a great picture of father and daughter!

Bernice said...

I agree with de-I Where are the pictures of the fires?
Anyway I hope you all had fun.

Gill - UK said...

I think walking the dog and cycling to work should count as exercise.

alexis said...

hey, it would have been rude not to drink the beer! Good thing you were there.