Sunday, March 25, 2018

Stamina

     Somehow I thought once my mother left and I went back to work, that I would be fully recovered. But it takes time to get over it if you've been sick this long. I can make it through work, but I still need a nap every day, and I get a bit winded walking the dog. I really want to get back to biking to work, but I'm going to need to wait a few days longer before I can contemplate it.
     Even without a lot of energy, I'm still making progress on the bathroom. I'm in the process of buying all the stuff that I'll need, which unfortunately reminds me how much I dislike shopping. I suspect that only people who are unhappy with their toilets write reviews about them, so every possible choice seems like a disaster waiting to happen. I think I have pretty low standards, since my main goal is to find a toilet that won't leak after a year but will in fact continue to whisk away the waste without multiple flushes. After spending a few hours reading reviews, though, even that seems like a pipe dream.
      If this seems like a lot of hassle, I just imagine how much I'll be boring my guests with bathroom stories in the future. Right now, I always take guests down to the basement to show them my plumbing. In future years, they will have to suffer through scintillating stories of whole-house plumbing and toilet installation.

4 comments:

de-I said...

But then those who love you will find you've moved somewhere else and their will be DIY Home Improvement - The Next Generation to look forward to.

alexis said...

"After spending a few hours reading reviews, though, even that seems like a pipe dream." HAH! I hope that pun was intended. I personally can't wait to be bored senseless talking about bathroom renovations!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Darn it, I *wish* I were clever enough that I planned that pun...

A's Mum said...

In the UK, we have a magazine called 'Which'. It rates, by putting items through a series of tests and rating them on their score. It's quite useful if you are buying expensive items, because it gives each item a review based on the test results. Is there a similar publication in the USA?