Sunday, June 17, 2018

Moving and growing

My friends N and S bought a new house. It is a wonderful house, with more bedrooms and bathrooms and a gorgeous view of a wooded park. They have been househunting for a year or two, so I was excited when they closed the deal on the new house (but probably not as excited as their realtor was). I can only imagine how much work it is to move a family of four and all of their stuff from one house that needs repairs to a second house that needs repairs, but I did my best last weekend to assist a bit. I packed, I mopped, I took apart furniture, and I unpacked. I surveyed the mountain of boxes that is their home. And then I came home and solemnly swore to get rid of even more of my belongings.

In the meantime, my garden has been soaking up all the glorious sun and rain in the last month, and growing like mad. Of course, so have the weeds, so this weekend I tried to get more of it under control. The snapshot taken this morning shows two lovely patches of petunias, gifted to me by a friend. There are dying yellow pea plants, and knee-high tomatoes. I'm eating spinach, chard, peas, and raspberries, and I'm hoping in a few weeks to see some zucchinis. Of course, a few weeks after that I will hope to never see a zucchini again...


5 comments:

Bernice said...

The petunias are beautiful.

de-I said...

Ah the curse of zucchini. Here we are in our hot dry season so the garden is suffering. Until the monsoon rains come, everything is just trying to make it. One need not get rid of things...just don't move...ever.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

So nice to be able to eat the fruit of your labor!

alexis said...

we have far too much stuff. like zucchini.

Gill - UK said...

Your garden has developed so much since you moved in and have been tending it. Enjoy the fruits of your labours - you might need to get a bigger freezer.