Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Cousins

This weekend in Amsterdam was the great meeting of the blogs. My cousin, AinA writes a private blog for friends and family, so we primarily keep in touch by commenting on each other's blogs. She visited me with her family this summer, and now I returned the favor.

Her girls fell in love with my pets during their previous visit, so we played plenty of "Ada and Molly." We also took a trip to the Hague, ostensibly to see a museum that turned out to be sold out, but really so I could indulge my love of train trips.

They made me feel very welcome, even finding an excellent vegan restaurant for us. Other than that, though, the meals were primarily bread-based, as that appears to be a requirement in the Netherlands.

After that, I was a good little tourist. In one day, I did a walking tour, visited five churches, listened to an opera concert, and ate frites, falafel, and Glühwein. 

The next part will be from home!

5 comments:

de-I said...

Pretty damn good picture there Niece!

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I agree - nice. It looks like you had a very pretty day!

Gill - UK said...

You've worked so hard on your holiday - you'll need a rest when you get back home.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That's real praise coming from serious photographers like you!

alexis said...

we loved having you - it's true 60% of our our meals are bread-based.