Friday, November 09, 2018

Sightseeing

I took 32 pictures on my vacation in Spain, if you count the six taken by other people and shared with me. I'm sure my photo-loving relatives are disappointed in me. Still, here are the best six.

Every day, I walked about 45 minutes (3km/2.5 miles) to my school. A good chunk of the trip was through the Retiro Park, which are a royal park now opened to the public. It's sort of like Central Park, but filled with statues and formal gardens.

I passed my exam! This means that I have completed Level A1, the first of six official levels in Spanish. My eventual goal is to complete four.


 Last Thursday was a national holiday, so I did some sightseeing and lunching with friends. It was delightful, but was yet another data point in support of my rule to never eat at a restaurant in Europe with English language menus.
 The Cervantes monument, where Cervantes overlooks Don Quixote and Sancho Panza. If I keep studying Spanish, I'm told I must read this book, but the teachers gave us permission to read a student version because the language is so antiquated.
Another pretty building. My school offered quite a few walking tours, which let me meet people and gave me more exercise, dyo I could keep eating pastries and drinking wine.

4 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. I enjoyed them.

alexis said...

thank god all that walking was balanced with alcohol and sugar.

de-I said...

Agreed Alexis!

I am sure the Goddess of Photography knows that sooner or later you will succumb to her spell

Gill - UK said...

Quality not quantity - I need to delete so many photos.