Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Vitamins

I'm not saying the garden is winning, but it might be a photo finish. This is the time of year when I'm acutely aware of how easy it is to pop a seed in the ground in April and not consider the consequences in August. On the other hand, I am eating like a queen right now, and I hope I will appreciate all this frozen and dried produce come January.

And see those beautiful figs? That's more than I've ever harvested in a year, and there are more on the tree. My long-term plan of buying a house so I could plant fruit and asparagus has really paid off.

5 comments:

Bernice said...

All I can say is "WOW". How will you prepare the figs?

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

You can come to NM and get some peaches to add to your bounty!

Gill - UK said...

It's a lot of work, but it is worth the effort when you can eat your own produce - so much nicer than any you buy from the supermarket.

de-I said...

As Glo said, we will be living in support of you with our peaches this weekend.

alexis said...

considering our carrot crop this year, I am quite jealous of all these fruits of your labor.