Thursday, October 31, 2019

Modern Me

Every day, when I go into work, I look like this.
Sometimes I also look like this. I mean, I don't always look this terrific, but it's what I look like with hairspray and a good photo filter.
That means that no one at work has ever seen me in anything other than a 40's or 50's vintage professional wardrobe, and they have never seen my hair unless it was pincurled or worn in an period-appropriate up-do.

Thus, the inspiration for my Halloween costume - me in 2019.

Skinny jeans, a cowl-necked tunic, ballet flats, long hair, and hipster large glasses. I had to buy every single part of this costume, because I only own vintage-inspired clothing. (Important exception: Star Fleet uniform pajamas.) All day long, people were doing double-takes. Several coworkers walked by me at my desk, then turned around to and came back because they thought someone else was using my office. It was great to make so many people laugh, but I'm very glad to be back home and in my comfy, wide-legged pants.

7 comments:

Shaela said...

Wow that is startling!

de-I said...

Scary costume indeed!

Unknown said...

OMG I am laughing out loud at this. Your sense of humor is amazing.

Bernice said...

Will you be keeping any of these to wear again?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I will definitely be getting rid of those clothes! I changed into my old duds the minute I got home. To me, the vintage clothing is more comfortable... As long as you're not so authentic that you wear a girdle.

alexis said...

what a fantastic costume, I absolutely love.

Rob said...

Genius! :D