Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The Cat Who Protested a Great Deal


One of the innocent victims of the COVID stay at home situation is Wesley the cat. Over the past twelve months he has transitioned from the Cat Who Hates Me to the Cat Who Tolerates Me and, finally, the Cat Who Grudgingly Likes Me. He's not a cat who accepts change easily, and moving to my house was clearly not his idea.

He was supposed to live with me from June 2019 to about June 2020, while my brother and his family were traveling. Since there is no safe way for me to get to California or for my brother's family to visit here, it looks like he'll be living in Maryland for a while longer. I am delighted that he has ceased his regular 5am yowls, and has even grown to like sitting outside in the Maryland humidity. I'm happy to have him as my COVID companion.

6 comments:

de-I said...

You know, this is so many ways parallels my situation. With me here in the house way the heck more than ever, I think I could describe Wife's tolerance of me exactly the same way.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Uncle de-I, you are lucky to have her. I guess we are all complain-y cats sometimes,

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Will he have just as hard of a time readjusting to life in a new home with S & S?

Gill - UK said...

What a beautiful cat - he might never want to leave.

Stef said...

I am happy you have a covid companion

alexis said...

dad, that totally reminds me of when you first started to semi-retire