Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Bay Area, Part 2

Giant vegetables and beautiful scenery rounded out the rest of my vacation. My friends S and L live nearish to my brother, and offered to be my tour guides for a few days. Learning of my love for kitsch, they took me to visit a giant artichoke when we are too many fried artichokes. Yum.

Then we did some hiking around Monterey Bay and I saw actual sea lions and sea otters. (As I understand it, the lions are common but the otters are rare.) Yes, I had to use binoculars and have the right area pointed out many times, but I'm pretty sure I squinted and actually saw the smiling face of an otter doing the backstroke.

I even visited my old friend, Wesley the Grumpy Cat. He's still grumpy, because now his family has a dog. Darwin the 95-pound lap dog is pretty much the most chill, lovable dog ever, but Wesley does not agree. I was happy to see him nonetheless.


3 comments:

de-I said...

Thank goodness for the giant artichoke. It would have been a very tame vacation if not for that.

Ellie said...

I’m always so excited when you have a new blog post!!
Fried artichokes are now on my request list for our next dinner together. Do you think we can find a place here that makes them? Maybe I better get experimenting in my kitchen.

alexis said...

the expression on Wesley's face is priceless. It could be the cat always looks like that, however. That's why they are such good poker players.