Thursday, September 09, 2021

Yet another vacation

I'm on vacation once again! Yes, I do have a job, but it's not very good fodder for the blog, so I'm not as good at posting during those times.

Like many people, I'm doing the "I haven't seen them in X years/months" tour. I am visiting my brother and his lovely family who live in the Bay Area. I had hoped that this trip would include a respite from the never-ending heat of DC, but they're having unusually warm weather right now.

My trip happened to fall on my birthday, so we celebrated by biking across the Golden Gate Bridge. This was lots of fun, although you need to be prepared for noise, wind, and hills. I was also introduced to onigiri rice triangles, which were delicious. A quick search reveals that these don't exist in DC, so I guess I need to learn to make them.


I'm hoping I can also squeeze in my favorite San Francisco activity, which is watching all the SF employees wearing hoodies and drinking coffee while coding on their laptops. This is a nice change of pace from the DC types wearing suits and discussing federal policy on their cell phones.

6 comments:

Shaela said...

Oh no! We've had such gorgeous weather this week!

alexis said...

omg I loved onigiri! There is a place in Amsterdam that does it but it looks so different from the casual snack bar feel that we saw in Japan that I've not really been tempted to give them a try.

Stef said...

onigiri are not that hard to make at all!

de-I said...

How come no picture of the rice triangles?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Uncle de-I, I didn't realize the rice triangles would be so tasty that they'd make the blog, but I'll do better next time.

Gill - UK said...

You'll have to post your recipe.