Saturday, December 10, 2022

Another Fête!

My friend E had the brilliant idea that I should host one last holiday party in DC, and she would make this possible by offering her cleaned and decorated house as the location. I loved this, especially because the pandemic has prevented my annual party for the last two years. I invited a dozen and a half of my friends, flew up to DC, grocery shopped and cooked for two days, and then everyone fêted.

Well, almost everyone fêted. Because COVID did what it does best, and my friend E got sick. So we all ended up at her beautiful house, hosted by her husband and daughter, while sick E and her son stayed at a hotel so we could use her house. E has earned her angel wings, and someday I will have to throw another party just for her to make it up to her.
Everyone looking their best. The couple who wore their wedding outfits won the best dressed category, in my opinion.
Looking fancy and vintage.


Discussing fancy things. The one child in attendance was excited about dressing up and eating fancy food but was dismayed that talking about fancy things turned out to be talking about regular boring adult things in fancy clothes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m so glad to see pictures!!! The hotel was not bad. We played games and did a puzzle and watched movies and ordered pizza delivery. Certainly not as good as a fete, but also enjoyable.
You sure know how to party!!

alexis said...

the fête looks like a resounding success! Such a shame about Covid, but fun that it can be an excuse for a rematch. Foodies want to know, what was the menu??

de-I said...

Yes! The Menu!

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Sounds so fun!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

The menu, which featured lots of gluten free and dairy free items:

Stuffed mushrooms
Leek and potato soup
Vegetables and chips with Tuscan white bean dip and with homemade French onion dip
Deviled eggs
Mulled cider
Gluehwein
Italian amaretti (these were everyone´s favorite)
Olive oil chocolate cake
Parkin (aka Guy Fawkes cake)

Shaela said...

I've just realized what was missing... paper snowflakes!

de-I said...

Sounds yummy!