Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Photo Op

I have already had tons of fun experiences by just showing up to events and then telling everyone I meet that I´m new and want to make friends. A few weeks ago, someone I had met once emailed me and asked if he could take my picture. Larry is a talented amateur photographer who specializes in portraits and was intrigued by my vintage wardrobe. 

I´m no model, as evidenced by my inability to pout, but it turned out to be an absolute blast. His friend was there to help me dress, and she also suggested poses and made faces at me to inspire me to new facial expressions. If you come visit me you will think I have a huge ego because of all the photos of me now hanging on my wall. But aren´t they fun?

Making smoking glamorous again. (Just kidding, that is a rolled up piece of paper because we couldn´t find anyone to bum a cigarette off of.)

Someone got me an empty decorative box!

Yes, I pay a huge amount of money to ship authentic reproduction 1940s jeans from the UK. 
We all have our foibles.
I do not believe your pseudoscientific claims are supported by the data.

All photo credits: Larry Hyler

6 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I love the photos. So fun!

Ellie said...

Those are fantastic!!!! I can totally hear you critiquing someone’s scientific conclusions with that face!!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome!!!

de-I said...

Whoa, getting praise from Ms. a&ma. That's significant!

I am sure you purchased carbon offsets for your shipment of trousers to assuage any guilt.

A's Mum said...

The photos are great - so many different moods.
I especially like the first photo.
It says "Don't mess me about!"

alexis said...

these pictures are soooo fun! I love it! I love that you are so introverted but make this happen. :)
I am also incredibly jealous. I have had an empty decorative box on my Christmas wish list for years and still no dice.