Wednesday, April 26, 2023

One step further

My perspective on US and Spanish bureaucracy so far

The Spanish consulate has contacted me to tell me they await my presence in Miami on May 9. I am encouraged by this news!  Additional paperwork may still be requested, but it seems unlikely that they'd summon me to flat out deny my visa application.

If this goes as I expect, I'll get my visa by the end of May and leave the States in early July. And I have a lot of fun things to do before then- researching the procedures I need to follow in Madrid to get a rental apartment and officially register myself with the authorities, doing any final work on the condo when I've been staying, selling my car and bicycle, plus I have about four more trips planned.  I do struggle a bit with what counts as a trip when I'm carrying almost all my belongings with me. Is home where my coffee pot is? Where I pay the internet bill? Or where I'll lay my head tonight? Those are all different right now, so it's a philosophical dilemma.

4 comments:

de-I said...

Your home at the moment is wherever you are because you are in transition.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

You are getting so close to your goal. So happy for you!

alexis said...

Family in Europe finally! IT's SO. CLOSE.
Fingers and toes crossed all goes well on the 9th

Anonymous said...

That’s a really interesting photo! So good to hear about the heavy duty progress you’re involved with prior to departure…