Sunday, May 07, 2023

If it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium

This title is an old joke from Americans who take those "See all of Europe in Ten Days," guided tours. I'm not quite at that level yet, but I did have to stop and think really hard yesterday about what day it was, and where I was supposed to be tomorrow.

Here's a quick review of my last two weeks.

Me, in a National wildlife preserve just outside of Denver. I am hiking and blissfully unaware that my flight is about to take off in 45 minutes. Somehow, with time zones and automatic Google calendars and user error, I misunderstood when my flight was leaving. But I eventually got home, and it was a very nice hike.

I visited family in Portland and the weather was spectacular. During the summer months, you can really see why people would want to live in the Pacific northwest.
Darwin weighs 85 lb /40 kg and thinks he is a lap dog. He is really relaxed, except when it comes to stuffed animals, as you can see. It was great to get some dog love.
 
While I was in Ohio, I started work on a mid-century sundress. My mother's not unreasonable refrain was, "Why do you always pick such difficult patterns?" It is not yet done, as it turns out I did pick a really complicated project.

Yesterday, on Daytona Beach. I have not lost my love of beaches, which Miami instilled in me.

Tuesday is the appointment at the consulate, and hopefully I have all my eyes dotted and t's crossed. Certainly I have color coded, cross-referenced copies of every document I can think I might need. Cross your fingers for me!


5 comments:

de-I said...

Break a leg!

alexis said...

what a whirlwind - that title definitely made me laugh. Your good humor on the flights also made me laugh. I will cross everything on Tuesday - let's get some family back to Europe!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your writing! Hope it all goes well!

Anonymous said...

- Abe

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Best of wishes. I'm sure you will get the visa - and maybe we will see you in Spain before we have to leave!