Tuesday, April 24, 2007

News Flash!

....The parental units are in town for one night tonight. Expect cheap but good Ethiopian food, accompanied by astoundingly bad service... Andrew and I found an apartment we like, across the street from my current digs. After literally hours of debating, we decided to take it. Further updates on the wisdom of this decision as events develop... I secretly cut my hair myself two weeks ago and the few comments I received were positive. This means that either my current haircut is pretty foolproof or that I have some previously undetected haircutting ability. I suspect the former... Those soft rice paper rolls you get at Vietnamese restaurants, filled with rice vermicelli and basil and a protein source and dipped in peanut sauce, are actually quite easy to make. I think they'll become a regular item on my weekday menu rotation...My friend who's going to Europe to do research for eight months was just told by her advisor that there was a misunderstanding: he didn't mean eight months, he meant three years. I'm going to miss her so much... Stay tuned for more details at 10.

3 comments:

alexis said...

do you have to move from your current place? Oh, and can we get pictures of the new doo? :)

alexis said...

oh and your friend moving to Europe - anywhere near me??

stef said...

how about posting that vietnamese recipe? whut whut?