Sunday, January 22, 2012

Most of the time I love living a tiny house (350 square feet, remember?) but this week is not one of those times. Andrew is repairing the head gaskets on his motorcycle. This is a big job, and requires many weekends and evenings of work. In the meantime, my living room and kitchen look like this:

The pictures are somewhat poor-quality phone pictures because another lingering annoyance in my life. My work computer (which is also my home computer) is on the fritz. The cursor moves around, on its own, opening folders and changing settings. I've had it in to two repair guys, and it has been diagnosed as (1) a malfunctioning trackpad, (2) a virus, and (3) "nothing is wrong". Diagnosis number (3) was the most recent, but, unfortunately, it is not true. My loaner computer can't process video and audio at all, but it's still nice to be able to do 80% of my work. And the loaner isn't playing nice with my camera, which is why I had to use the phone pictures tonight.

3 comments:

Bernice said...

I did notice two things: He has everything lined up so neatly and he has a smile on his face. I hope you get your computer back real soon.

alexis said...

lol, Bernice I noticed the same things too! Nothing so irritating as a computer on the fritz. I think we forget how much we depend on them sometimes.

de-I said...

Having had many a laptop die on me, my experience has been that they have very finite lifetimes and when they go, they go. I'd advise looking for a new one.

Yes Bernice - very neat, very happy indeed.

SRM - Haven't googled a recipe for some sort of soup based on engine parts?