Thursday, June 21, 2012

Young Whippersnapper

In the past, I have rarely ridden with Andrew on the motorcycle. He drives it whenever he's going to work without me, but generally we drive the car because I dislike wearing the armored jacket and the helmet when its 90 (32C) degrees out (and that spans most of May to November in Miami). However, we've decided to ride it more, because our daily commuting costs are halved on the motorcycle. (Even a 30-year-old bike gets better gas mileage than a small car.) While Andrew is not used to having me on the back of his bike, I still have plenty of experience as a motorcycle passenger. So this morning, when he asked me twice whether my helmet strap was tight enough, I finally looked at him and said, "Sweetie, I've been wearing motorcycle helmets longer that you've been alive."**

**Which is true - I got my first helmet, red and glitter-coated, for my sixth birthday.

5 comments:

Bernice said...

I should look around here. We probably still have the helmet. Happy Riding.

Gill - UK said...

Just husbandly concern - F and I rode a Lambretta for more than 5 years when we first met and it was really economical transport - but travelling along the M6, during the autumn , winter and spring we suffered from frostbite - well almost!!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

No chance of frostbite here, Gill...

alexis said...

LOL! Priceless story. :)

de-I said...

Whoa - Cold