Friday, August 29, 2014

Living in the past

     My cat has become part of the medical tourism movement. Since she turned 15 this year, it really was time to get her teeth cleaned. However, when I found out that it would cost $800 to have her teeth cleaned by the local vet, I called my mother to discuss whether this was an unconsciounable amount of money to spend on a senior cat. She offered to talk to her Ohio vet, and the $300 cost sealed the deal for me. There were already several trips planned between me and my parents, so Phi the cat travelled back to Ohio with my mother, had her surgery this week, and then I will pick her up next weekend when I attend the annual pig roast. I'm happy to say that she quickly recovered from the surgery, which is not a given with such an old cat.
-----
   In other news, I am slowly joining the 21st century again. I finally gave up hope that I would ever find my wallet, and ordered replacement cards, which have not yet arrived. Unfortunately, my router also died over the weekend. So, for most of this week, I've lived in an all-cash, non-internet world. It was like going back to the 1980's, but with better fashion choices.
 

4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

It's all the years of TLC that Phi has received that have helped her recover so well.
What a pain about your cards - the originals are bound to turn up now.

alexis said...

wow, what a fun exercise, living with cash and no internet! It's incredible how times change so quickly. Glad good ole Phi handled the surgery okay!

de-I said...

Animal medical tourism...I see a whole new market opportunity here.

Bernice said...

Actually the cost was $175. Glad I could do it.