Friday, August 22, 2014

Lost

     I've been without my wallet for almost a week now. To be more precise, of course, I've been without the contents of my wallet. I'm quite sure that it is lost in my house (or out of human reach in a garbage can or something) because I've been carefully watching my accounts and there's nothing amiss. It hasn't affected my life too much yet: I ride my bike and walk a lot, and mainly need the car (and thus my driver's license) on the weekends. And beyond the bills that are automatically paid, I don't buy that much. Still, I am grateful for my emergency stash of cash, which let me buy groceries and mail a package at the post office. At some point I'll have to admit that I can't find it and go through all the hassle of replacing all the cards and IDs, but I not quite ready to admit defeat yet.
     Here's a totally unrelated picture to remind me of happier days when (1) I spent my vacation in San Francisco visiting my brother's family and (2) I still had a wallet.
If you look closely, you can see evidence on both K's face and mine of the chocolate ice cream we had recently eaten.

2 comments:

Gill - UK said...

You obviously have your mind on higher things - I once found my driving license in the fridge - I still don't know who put it there.

de-I said...

Ugh. What a pain :(