Sunday, October 05, 2014

Winter is coming

     Winter is coming. More specifically, a freeze is coming, probably in the next week or two. If a freeze comes on a weeknight, when I'm only home for a few hours, I'm not sure if I can save everything in the garden in time. So I've started the final harvesting.
     Some people have a utility room for unfinished projects. My small house means that rooms need to be multipurpose. I did my best to make the herbs hanging in my entryway look like part of the decor.

 Even though I have a bit of an addiction to coconut-lemon grass soup, I think these gallons of lemon grass stems will carry me through the year.

3 comments:

de-I said...

Don't forget your kefir lime leaves and galangal too!

alexis said...

wow very impressed, decor and fresh herbs and I bet it smells good too.

Bernice said...

You inspired me. I now have herbs hanging in front of my window.