Thursday, January 15, 2015

Renee Michelle and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day*

     This is going to start out full of complaints, so if you're already grumpy or annoyed, skip this part of my post and go straight to the cheerful pictures at the end.
     It was a rough week. First, as you know, I was sick. That left me tired and a bit behind at work with my preparations for an upcoming conference. (Not good.) An extra, urgent project got dropped on me yesterday, and I was so stressed by the extra work that I only slept a few hours last night. (Bad.) Although I had a lot to do today, I also had a dentist appointment to get a cavity filled. (Worse.) But upon closer inspection the dentist decided I didn't need a filling, I need a root canal. (I felt like I'd been kicked in the gut.)
     I'm always filled with trepidation when going to the dentist. Although my teeth never hurt, for the past decade, many different dentist have all agreed that I have terrible teeth, and if I get lots of special treatment/ surgeries/ orthodontics, the teeth will, probably, stay in my mouth and do their job. In other words, I have very high maintenance teeth.
     I've gone with the usual comforts this evening - ice cream, wine, and a sad phone call to my mother. I'm sure I will have more perspective in a few days, but for now - blech.
-------
     I've been meaning to post pictures from the wedding in New York last fall. I can sum it up: Getting married at the Manhattan Marriage Bureau is awesome. The happy couple is surrounded by their little posse of friends and family, and also a hundred other deliriously happy couples getting married that morning. Add in an extremely hospitable Indian family, and this wedding guest had a delightful time.


*with proper acknowledgment of Voirst's book.

5 comments:

de-I said...

It is very, very, very rare for anything involving dental work to be 'fun'. Hang in there. No volcanoes are due to irrupt in Washington this year.

Shaela said...

I'm so sorry about your Root Canal. And all the rest of it.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Getting sick and then major dental work - Ugh! Hope you are feeling better by now.

alexis said...

oh man, that sounds like a rubbish day! It is hard to cope when you (or your family) are sick. Makes me appreciate how people must have to cope which chronic illness.

That is especially a bummer about your teeth. I guess at least they only started to suck recently - or has it been your whole life?

Gill - UK said...

It was good to see you enjoying your friend's wedding.