Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Sewing class 102

    And... it's the great unveiling of my second sewing project. I used a pair of old pants I already owned as a pattern, so I didn't have to adjust the fit at all. My mother helped me a great deal during my winter vacation, and I finished them last week. I'm quite pleased with the fabric I chose, since it's a wool blend that is washable. However, I hadn't considered that wool (warning: physics ahead) is a material that likes to give up its electrons, easily becoming positively charged, especially during the winter. A charged cloth is very good at picking up spare cat and dog hair. In fact, I may quit vacuuming my apartment, and just start vacuuming these pants after I wear them.

4 comments:

Carissa said...

Impressive!

Gill - UK said...

I shall look at wool blend fabrics with new insight. Any offcuts you have left over from your sewing project could become useful dusters.

de-I said...

I've never understood why some elements and compounds are so promiscuous with their electrons. There are plenty of other less fortunate elements and compounds that would be extremely grateful to have those electrons.

alexis said...

well done on sewing a pair of trousers AND educating us all about certain properties of wool.