Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Royal Teeth

I a bit disappointed in my new temporary crown. I knew that after my root canal, they'd cap my tooth first with a temporary crown, then with a permanent crown. “Crown” sounds impressive, so I figured it probably wouldn't be gold, but it might be ceramic or metal. So a temporary crown sounds like it should be something like steel or aluminum, right? Sadly, it's just acrylic. That means they spread on some plastic goop and then baked it on with an ultraviolet light.


The only good thing I have to say about this crown is that it doesn't hurt, so I will have no problem eating my delicious pancakes for dinner, for tonight is Pancake Tuesday.  

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

We'll be enjoying our pancakes today, Ash Wednesday. Everybody was working or otherwise engaged yesterday.

de-I said...

I don't know the term "temporary crown" sounds like you're the pretender to the throne that manages to last only a year or two before being assassinated.

Been reading WAY too much Medieval history the last month or too :(

alexis said...

oh man, I had french toast for lunch today - does that count?