Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Migration

I really do have a good excuse for not posting for a while; I've been moving. Since I'm still in the throes of unpacking, I was hoping to make do with these photos.
 Ada walked around looking distinctly worried for about three days. Once the furniture was taken apart, she knew something was up. Maybe she was worried that she'd be left behind.
One of my friends told me it was the most organized move he's been part of, an accolade I'm particularly proud of. I could pack and organize on my own, but I couldn't possibly lift all the furniture on my own.  I am so lucky that people turned out en masse.
 N and K played Tetris until everything fit, even the 9-foot-tall trellis that Andrew built for me.
 The kids entertained themselves by running around the empty house laughing and screaming. Wow, an empty house really lets the noise travel.

I've only unpacked one room completely, but the end is in sight. I'm glad I have minimalist tendencies, so that moves are easier, but I know I'll have to work hard to not collect a million things now that I have a house.

7 comments:

Carissa said...

Looks like a successful move to me!

Gill - UK said...

That last photo of Ada sums it up - she looks like she knows this is home.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

So happy for you and your new home.

alexis said...

so exciting! we need to skype some time to catch up!!

de-I said...

Is this a purchased house?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Yes, I have purchased it. It's not owned by me, of course - that will take another 30 years of payments :)

de-I said...

No it is owned by you...you just have a VERY SUBSTANTIAL partner :)