Thursday, October 15, 2015

Moving!

I recently noted that I haven't had a dishwasher since I moved out of my parents' house. I just turned 40, so that means that I've been washing dishes by hand for more than 20 years. Some people tell me that they don't use their dishwashers much, or that it doesn't save much time, but I can't believe this is true, particularly with the amount I cook and entertain.

Thus, I've decided it's time to buy a dishwasher. And it comes with a house! Here are enough pictures to make your eyes glaze over. Note, please, the shag carpet - the previous owners took exquisite care of the house, so the shag carpet, which must be decades old, is still pristine. I'm toying with the idea of buying a bunch of 60's era furniture and embracing the look. After all, it's retro.

The packing is well under way, and Phi is helping by inspecting all the boxes.




4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Wow - you have found a gem.
And a good size garden for you to cherish.

alexis said...

holy bleep!! Does mean you have purchased a home?????? That is so awesome, congrats! It's super cute!

de-I said...

And very blue in places. Now that you're on to the dishwasher (Wife and I always use ours!) who knows what ground breaking changes will come? Congrdtulations!

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Congratulations! So glad you found a great place to settle!