Sunday, August 27, 2017

Ada's Day*

Since he was in DC for work, my brother S spent part of the weekend at my house. We had an awesome time hanging out together, while he installed Linux on my computer and I taught him how to make fried rice. However, the happiest creature was probably Ada. S loves animals, and has a soft spot for dogs in particular, so she got lots of attention and long walks. But then it just got better.

On Saturday, we had crepes for breakfast, and Ada always gets the first pancake. We decided to go hiking at Harper's Ferry National Park, and of course the dog came along. (As an aside, the road to the park goes through three states in about five minutes, which kept Google Maps busy announcing what state we were entering.) My brother is way more active than me, so Ada not only got to hike, she regularly had to run to keep up with S. Then we went for burritos at an outdoor cafe where S shared bits of his chicken with her. Ada was so worn out on the trip home she didn't even have energy to bark.

*The post title is a nod to a Star Trek episode. Can any of my Trekkie friends name it?

6 comments:

Benedikt Harrer said...

Data's day? :)

de-I said...

How nice to have a chance to be with your brother.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Benedikt wins the prize - an honorary commission of Lieutenant Commander.

Bernice said...

Ada is one lucky dog!

alexis said...

awww, Ada is lucky she has as nice an owner as she has! Visitors of course welcome. And I think I Would have enjoyed that day too, though I'd have wanted a burrito of my own.

Gill - UK said...

Super photo - should have been a video to capture Ada's excitement.