Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Pets

     Although I came back early enough from vacation to have a day at home before work started, I still feel underprepared for my week. We've continued to have tons of rain (rather unusual for August), so I had to mow each part of the lawn twice to get it under control. The basil had bushed out again, so I made a bunch of pesto, and I spent some time getting to know my new roommate. Then I turned my attention to the animals.
     In spite of regular application of anti-flea meds, they both have a few fleas. Again, the rain is probably at fault. So it's all vacuuming and flea combing around here, which stresses me out. In addition, Molly the cat is having some litter box issues (as in she can't seem to find it when she needs to go). This meant a trip to the vet where they couldn't really tell me anything. While we wait for the results of her blood work, she's been banished to the porch - wood floors have a very low tolerance for acidic liquids, I'm learning. I've penned her in with great walls of boxes to a small area with maximum litter box coverage. In fact, she has three types of litter in three boxes right now, because the vet said that giving them a choice helps sometimes. She's an easy going cat, though, and only complains of her hardship when she can see me. I take her out for lots of supervised socialization, but we'll both be glad when this is figured out.

4 comments:

de-I said...

Thanks for sharing and reminding me once again why I don't want pets.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

There always seems to be issues when returning from a trip. Sorry about the cat problem. That is not fun and not easy to solve. I came back to an infestation of fruit flies. Interesting as their was no fruit in sight!

alexis said...

Small comfort: sounds like work wasn't causing you too much extra stress? Hope cat is feeling better soon!

Gill - UK said...

How about a litter tray in each room - then Molly will have no excuse.