Friday, January 12, 2018

Canada

     I headed to the great white north this weekend, which will likely bit a bit whiter than usual. As I may have mentioned before, one of the projects I work on runs a dozen conference simultaneously across North America. These always happen on Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, and I almost always go to one in the north. This year I'm headed to Kingston, Ontario. You will note that that means I am going to Canada, where they are having ice storms. Thus, I have been hanging out at the DC airport while they continually delay my flight to Toronto. Should I be lucky enough to eventually land in Toronto, I will still need to drive 275 km on ice-sheeted roads to Kingston.
     You might think that the Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel has won this round, but at this point I'm not willing to concede anything more than a draw. Mainly because I don't care. As long as I get there before 11pm, I'll be happy. I have plenty of work, plus two good books and a dozen podcasts. And maybe I'll even get some poutine out of this trip.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I think with that kind of patience you are a modern day travel saint.

de-I said...

Nothing gets the Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel more upset than a victim who doesn't give a shit. Kind of spoils the whole exercise for her.

Gill - UK said...

I've had to look up poutine - I think I could manage to enjoy that, but it sounds unhealthy and not the sort of thing that you would eat. Hope the weather lightens for your journey.