Thursday, April 11, 2019

Happiness

Once a month I attend a Vespers service at the Unitarian church downtown (which I describe as the "church without God" in halting Spanish, to the amusement of my Spanish tutor). Their vespers is a solid hour of repetitive singing and silence, in the Taize style.  This is one of my favorite parts of the month, and I've been going religiously (hah!) since I discovered it a few years ago.

Last night, I attended and while I was singing I realized I was happy. It felt good, and odd, and was something I haven't felt in a few months. I don't know if it was the passage of time, or my parents' recent visit, or the spring time, but probably it was all of it put together. I'm feeling better.

4 comments:

de-I said...

And THAT is good news indeed

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

So glad to here that! Feeling sad all the time is not good for your soul. So I am glad you have come out the other side.

alexis said...

You're such a positive person, it comes as a surprise that you were not as a standard feeling, happy. But I am glad to hear that you experienced a really fulfilling sensation of it. quality over quantity

Gill - UK said...

Singing is good for your well-being - and happiness is just one part of that.