Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Beautiful Shoes -

The Washington Post published a story (free subscription required) in their Health section with gruesome illustrations of what happens to your feet and your spine when you wear high heels. I hate stories like this, because they force knowledge upon me so that I am torn between doing what I know is good for me and doing what make me happy. And I love high heels. I could write an ode to them (and may, in fact, commission AinA to write one, as she is such the poet). They make me taller. They make me look elegant. As I walk, they click on the floor in an authoritative manner. They take a dress from everyday to dressed-up. What else can I say: my love of high heels exceeds my good sense.

4 comments:

Pulisha said...

And, my babysitter was just telling me the other day about how there's this new article out in some medical journal about how bad sandals are for your feet and spine. Are we all doomed to wear nothing but sneakers? What is the world coming to!!??

Anonymous said...

I saw a women flying to LA in the same plane as me with heels that had to be 3 to 4 inches high. And not platforms, real thin stiletto types. I kept thinking if I was doing that to my calves, they'd be in knots in minutes. And this gal was in business attire with the laptop bag and carry-on and all. Don't know how she did it.

alexis said...

I too used to love high heels. Still do love what they do for you visually, but between being able to bike and wearing heels (my knees can't handle both), it's been closet-action only for my 3 inch plusser's.

stef said...

I think it is like all things. heels in moderation people!