Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Just so you know that I'm still alive

It doesn't feel like anything noteworthy has happened to me lately. But I know that if you all continue to check my blog and see the same old post, you'll soon point your browsers in other directions.

We went to a lovely Cinco de Mayo party on Saturday. I've never been to one, but the folks that hosted it love to cook, and do it well, so there was a feast. Sangria and margaritas and enchiladas with salsa verde. I couldn't eat the turkey with mole, but I am once again tempted to try making it, just for the challenge. They reported that it took about three and a half hours to make the mole. It sounds like something you do once, just so you can say that you've done it. Sort of like croquembouche. (And de-I knows that well.)

Yesterday was one of those days that we all have occasionally, where you question why you have chosen the job that you do, and whether you could get paid more for less pain for doing, well, anything else. Street sweeping, for example. But it passed, and today was better. I spent almost seven hours writing six problems for my students to work on. This is so low on the efficiency scale that it almost falls off, but since it was my first time writing problems I assume I'll improve with practice. Either that or I'll be looking for that other job sooner than I expected.

We watched Fiddler on the Roof last night. I've seen it performed live, but never caught the movie until now. It's really very good, as far as film productions of musical go, and I cried buckets.

Must go now - making borscht for dinner, in honor of Tevye and his family.

3 comments:

alexis said...

you can use mole with other dishes too, not just turkey. It'd be a shame for you to do all the work and not be able to enjoy it.

stef said...

Hey, even if it is not exciting for you- we all like to read about what's going on with you...;)

Anonymous said...

Is turkey with mole really 'with mole' the velvet-coated miner?