Sunday, November 25, 2007

The amazing ever-expanding table

As I have mentioned before, our small house requires small furniture. When we moved in, I got rid of my kitchen table, which seated six, and we downsized to this small table, which seats two perfectly.

We chose it because it was small and because it has the ability to accordion out. With the sides folded out, we can have additional dinner guests. But Thanksgiving required more drastic measures, so Andrew built two leaves, and now it seats twelve:
Impressive, eh? I certainly choose my boyfriends (and tables) well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And fabulous looking wine glasses as well!

alexis said...

wow, that is impressive. Did you make a tofurkey?

Bernice said...

I am impressed as to how you find solutions to problems. You are your father's daughter. Kudos to both you and Andrew for the successful table.

Anonymous said...

No, I made a real turkey. Sigh... I don't enjoy it very much, but none of the meat eaters has the experience for such an undertaking.

The other two vegetarians and I had cashew curry and steamed chinese veggie buns, and were quite happy.