Friday, November 16, 2007

Color me... pink?

Thank you all so much for your color suggestions. I hadn't even considered yellow or pink, so I'm really glad I asked, because it opens my mind to a lot more possibilities. For the moment they will probably only remain possibilities, because I don't think we'll find time to paint until at least the new year.

If anyone wants to suggest more paint colors, feel free to comment here or on the previous post. The debate about what GGSA means (see comments on the last post) is undecided, so you can weigh in on that, too.

For the record, Andrew gets a say in how we decorate. I always run all the big decisions by him. Usually it goes like this: I explain my idea, he comes up with all these ideas about why it won't work, I convince him that we should try it, and then after it's all done, he says, "Hey, that looks much better than I expected." (I'm being a little snarky here - sometimes he comes up with the great idea and I come up with the reasons why it won't work. We have a very equal opportunity relationship.)

If all goes according to plan and I paint all weekend, I should have new pictures of the eating area next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about BOTH pink and yellow? But you know me, I'd paint my house like a kindergartener's crayon box if I could!

Anonymous said...

GGSA = Gay Guy Seal of Approval

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit behind in my blog reading, and when I saw that post title, I thought you were talking about your HAIR. In fact, things did not become clear until the third sentence. "I hadn't even considered yellow or pink, so I'm really glad I asked, because it opens my mind to a lot more possibilities." Yes indeed.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, sorry about that, Nat. I can see why you'd be confused, because there was the blue hair episode last year. I think that'll be a one time deal, though. I like being able to run my fingers through my hair without it feeling like sandpaper.

alexis said...

I bought a lamp this weekend. First decorating purchase since I moved to the Netherlands! I think I was inspired.

(um, it doesn't have any color though... :( )

Anonymous said...

Alexis, don't let the lack of color ON the lamp stop you from applying colors TO the lamp! As our dear style guru likes to say, "...and it's something you can do too."