Monday, November 05, 2007

Philly, part one

Last weekend was our escape from grading and lab reports. (Sadly, after the delicious three day respite, reality has swiftly returned in the form of exams, but that's another story...)

We spent two nights at a lovely bed and breakfast in New Jersey. (I bet you didn't know there was anything lovely in New Jersey, now, did you?) The bed shown to the left was big and down covered and required me to use the step stool next to it to clamber upon it.

We soaked up a lot of history, etc. But one of the highlights for Andrew and I, because it combined our two passions in one store, was this Chinatown gem. Here we were able to stand hand in hand as I contemplated cutting boards and Andrew lusted after transformers and WD-40.

And we ate much. Much and wonderfully. But I will leave that for the next post.

4 comments:

alexis said...

so you were in Philly, or NJ? And, I can't wait to hear about the food. I am a Born Again Chinese Food Eater since I got back from China.

Anonymous said...

Yes, A, for those who have thrown their homeland's geography to the winds Philly is on a river which borders NJ.

And NJ gets a bad wrap for its central core whereas it has lots of nice areas such as around Princeton and to the North

stef said...

Oh. Tell us which historical sights you saw!

Anonymous said...

Contemplation and lust - are the two words interchangeable in this context?