Monday, November 12, 2007

Let your voice be heard!

Remember this? It's my bedroom.
















And you might also remember that the bedroom has no color. (Not counting the hideous bedspread, which I will throw out as soon as I can.)

I would like to add color, both in the form of wall pigment (I think I can paint the walls any color, but I would tend more toward neutrals so I don't have to repaint when we move out) and a new bedspread. And I am soliciting suggestions, as I really don't know what to do.


Here are the constraints: The room is tiny, with about a three foot path on each side of the bed. The ceiling angles down, so it appears even smaller. And I have a dark blue dresser (seen above and featured in its own video here on March 9th) which I quite like and therefore need to incorporate into the color scheme. Anything that fits into those constraints is a consideration. So far the only color I've thought might work is beige. But beige is so blah...

So. Please. Help!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could carry in a nice shade of yellow - maybe slightly more pale than what you've used in the other room. Would help with continuity and can go with blue. Plus, it's cheery. My 2 cents...

alexis said...

oh goodness, I am not one to answer that for sure. decorating and I are total strangers.

stef said...

We have a sloping ceiling in our bedroom- we used two similar shades of taupe (much darker than what you are thinking)a darker one on the straight porion of the wall and a lighter shade on the angled portion. It helps give the illusion of more height. If you can wait till you visit you can see it in person! As for neutrals- Green is supposed to play like a neutral in home decor. Might be a tad more interesting choice.

Anonymous said...

Very pale lavender pinks, and whites with a hint of colour - UK available range eg rose white - should enhance the dark blue dresser and make the most of the room's dimensions - my taste!
Does Andrew get any say in the decor?

Anonymous said...

Just make sure you get the GGSA

Anonymous said...

I googled GGSA - Greater Good South Africa? Golden Gate Speech Alliance? Gator Gay-Straight Alliance?

Anonymous said...

a lighter brighter color on the top and a slightly deeper color on the bottom.

Anonymous said...

GGSA?

Gooseberry Green - Sensational Ambience!

Anonymous said...

how about Generic Graduate Student Accessories (e.g. scattered papers, pencils and texts with ramen wrappers and take out boxes)?

Anonymous said...

What are ramen wrappers?