Friday, January 11, 2008

Styling Shapes

My big accomplishments yesterday? Writing one page of a first draft of a paper (not much, but I'm still proud to have put pen to paper) and buying this lamp.

Lately I've gotten more interested in the form of objects. This makes my life more difficult, unfortunately, because while I can slap some paint on and change the color of a piece of furniture, the basic shape is pretty much a given.

And good form doesn't come cheap. So, while I troll Craigslist and thrift stores, I also keep an eye on (gasp!) retail offerings. And when I found this lamp, I just had to have it. It's got clean lines, and the shiny chrome is going to work well with the 60's look I'm trying to achieve.

4 comments:

Bernice said...

If you get the urge to paint it, call me first. I'll rush to MD and take your brush. It looks great.

Anonymous said...

If you get the urge to paint, CALL ME FIRST, and I will fly you out and ply you with wine while you paint our place.

alexis said...

Interesting, I too recently purchased a lamp. But the thought process was about 180 degrees different from you stylish manner. :)

stef said...

I love it. It's going to look faboo with your decor.