Friday, January 04, 2008

The grindstone

After a lovely two weeks in which I forgot my profession (I do physics? No kidding, that sounds pretty interesting; tell me more about it...) I am back, watching videos and reading papers. Yes, I watch videos for a living, although it sounds a bit more leisurely that it actually is.

I was greeted this morning at the office by a tiny frantic cockroach in one of my desk drawers, which allowed me to provide entertainment to the rest of the office with my shrieks and dash across the room. I was saved by a coworker who killed the bug. (After pointing out how tiny it was. But really, who claims that fear is proportional to size?)

I'll post pictures from our New Year's Eve celebration with Motherrocker, but not today. A lit review is beckoning, and I can't resist...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you mean no pictures of the cockroach hunt?

alexis said...

ugh.. I hate cockroaches!!!! Followed by rats and pigeons. Blech.