Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Wedding, Part 1


Well, I'd apologize for the lack of posts in August, but if spending time with your new husband on your honeymoon in Rome isn't a good enough excuse for neglecting the cyberworld, then nothing will satisfy you people.

I promise to give you all the gory details of the wedding and honeymoon over the next weeks,but here's a starter photo for today. As has been reported here, the dress was my paternal grandmother's. It seems that she was precisely my size, because it didn't need to be altered at all. (Although we had to repair the ravages of time). My mother and mother-in-law did the flowers. This led to a few less than relaxed moments when they weren't yet complete three hours before the wedding, but they turned out beautifully and my bouquet cost a whopping $6 so I am grateful to them both.

We were all extremely happy with how the wedding went. The small guest list made planning quite easy, although it made me laugh at one point. When I walked down the aisle, I was accompanied by both my parents. Andrew had walked down with his parents, and they were all standing at the front, with our siblings who were attendants. Two friends were playing music, one was officiating, one was videoing, and three were taking pictures. This left a grand total of six people in the "congregation," one of whom was a two-year-old and not really paying attention to me. So if you are a bride dreaming of walking down the aisle as multitudes gaze upon you, it would be best to invite more than twenty-one guests.

4 comments:

alexis said...

that's so amazing the dress fit perfectly! Didn't realize your new hubby was so much taller than you either :)

stef said...

Hee hee hee. too funny. at least you know it is well documented!

Anonymous said...

...and the guests in excess of 21 need to be mostly over 2 years old.

Gill - UK said...

It's good to know that this is the first of many pictorial blogs on the events of the summer. I'm looking forward to the rest. With so many photographers present you have photos from every angle.