Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happiness

At the end of summer, a number of my friends became less available to me, due to a combination of physical distance (i.e. some moved) and lack of time (i.e. some had a baby). This meant that my pool of really good friends, the ones that you can ask for a ride to the airport when your plane leaves at 5 a.m., had dwindled to two. So I've been a little lonely. But today I found out that a good friend who has been living abroad will be returning to Maryland in January. This increases the number of names on my "really good friends list" by 50%. Yippee.

(And don't worry, E. I was kidding about the 5 a.m. flight - I never schedule a flight before 6.am.)

4 comments:

Bernice said...

Don't forget that if you ask someone to take you to the airport at 6:00 AM you would be asked to return the favor sometime. Just keep that in mind, you early riser you.

alexis said...

aunt B has a VERY good point. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'll take you to the airport at 6:00 AM.

Ellie said...

Wow!! I got practically a whole blog entry! With the jet lag a 5:00 am flight would be many hours after I wake up... but even if it weren't I'd be happy to shuttle you around!
-E