Monday, November 17, 2008

Oops

My niece is showing many signs of becoming the clambering monkey that my brother was. One of her more memorable exploits occurred a few months ago when she managed to pull down part of my brother's computer, including his oh-so-expensive, very large, very beloved (and quite new) monitor. Which broke into many pieces, but did not break her in any way. This was a much luckier fate than my brother has suffered in the past: two broken arms and so many stitches I lost count.

For his birthday, we made a contribution to the "Replace the Monitor Fund" and received this perfectly lovely thank you from my brother:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother the poet?
Who would know it?

stef said...

Awww. And he can rhyme!

Bernice said...

The "clambering monkey" had her first trip to the ER yesterday with a cut on her chin. No stitches, just had it glued shut. I give her mom a lot of credit for how she handles this.

Anonymous said...

I think that William Topaz McGonagall will be spinning in his grave - the competition in disaster poetry has intensified.

Gill uk