Friday, April 24, 2009

And I'm drinking iced tea, the offcial drink of summer

It is bee-oo-ti-ful today and I'm lucky to be enjoying the sunshine from my home (which has windows) instead of my office (which does not). I can here the birds chirping and a lawn mower droning. And aren't those the sounds of summer?

I have a fun weekend planned. Tonight we're going to a string quartet concert, tomorrow there's a cookout and a play to see, and on Sunday we're going to the beach. The weather is supposed to stay lovely and it might be 85 degrees, so I'm hitting the beach, even if it is only April.

It's hard to believe they had snow in Ohio two weeks ago.

3 comments:

stef said...

Sounds like a loverly weekend! It was warm here. but lots of rain.

unclem-nm said...

I love string quartet music.

I suppose you're drinking wine with your iced tea as well...bah humbug.

Anonymous said...

Uncle de-I, you are so right! I thought of you last week and how much you would disapprove of the iced tea and wine I was drinking with dinner.